Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Italy Part 1

Ciao from Italy!

Finally in Italy the birthplace of so many awesome dishes! Can't wait to eat them all (or as many as I can possibly fit into this crammed week where I have to work 8 hours a day). I am only here until Friday evening unfortunately.

But! The first night my work friend Igor drove me on his vespa to some amazing spots and we tasted some wine and hors d'oeuvre. 
Then he showed me his favorite pizza place and I ordered 5 Italian cheese pizza with salami. No tomato sauce and it was probably one of the best pizzas I have ever had...


After I had some hazelnut gelato, but no picture of that now since I only have my mobile camera at the moment and the pictures from there...

Day 2 (Monday):

Breakfast the next day! Bacon, sausage, roasted potatoes, sauteed mushrooms and chocolate cake!
Also had 2 sandwiches and some yoghurt :)


Then I ate at work but was nothing special just some pasta and a pork chop. Much better than what our restaurant serves in BorĂ¥s though...


At night i found a small nice restaurant that served some real Genovese food, today when I told my friend where I went he said it was a really really good choice which I can attest too. The Pesto with pasta, beans and potatoes was awesome! And the wine they paired it with was a match made in heaven!
And the Focaccia on the side.... yummmm!
Focaccia and pesto is something they are very proud of here in Genova since it's very typical this region.



After dinner on my way back to the hotel you get this thrown in your face every 100 meters or so and my resolve weakened! But I ran for 11 km today so I guess I deserved it.. right?



So I bought an Gelato that I enjoyed on top of the hotel.. Crema and dark chocolate, jesus christ it was good. So creamy and light and full of flavour!


Day 3 (Tuesday)

Hotel breakfast again... I have trouble saying no to these things and the breakfast at this hotel is smacked full of stuff. Fruits, breads, cheeses, pancakes, yogurt, dried fruits, sausages, bacon, cakes, muffins, biscuits, croissants, salami and the list goes on...





And then when I got to work both my friends and colleagues proudly hold up bags filled with Focaccia Genovese that we eat with their morning coffee... Jesus I am full but damn it was good, the Focaccia is apparently something very typical Genovese. 


And that concludes my food diary, I left some minor interesting stuff out though :P

//Stay full my friends

No comments:

Post a Comment