Thursday, October 2, 2014

Genova, Italy part 2


Ciao Ciao from Italy again!

Jesus I am getting fat here...

Day 3 (Tuesday continued)

After work I had an appointment to go to dinner with my Italian co-workers and their families but at 19:00 since that's when the restaurants open here.

So I had some time to kill, so I bought an "Cannolo Siciliano" that I enjoyed on the deck of the hotel before I went into the Jacuzzi for half an hour.
It was fucking delicious!



After my Jacuzzi it was still 2.5 hours until dinner so I enjoyed a baguette and some Gorgonzola in my room... The Gorgonzola was a bit better than what I was used to... mmmmm!


Then we went to the restaurant for a meal of Focaccia, an Italian bred that they have a lot of typical Genovese varieties of.

Firs was fried bread: Very nice and very very fluffy and good.


Then chickpea Focaccia which was so sooo good. Probably my favourite out of everything so far...
Both with spring onion and "naturale".



And of course some pizza... Very thing crust and delicious and quite rustic. 


And then something very typical Genovese. Crispy thin Focaccia with stracciatella cheese between the layers... Wow! This cheese. Buying some with me for home!


For desert we bought some "Chocolate salami" and apricot pie. Also very good and not so sweet and quite nice to have a few that we shared.



This was tuesdays night dinner... And we where 5 adults sharing it and 1 small child. Was very nice and I got to experience a proper Italian dinner out with the families and bond with my co-workers.

And of course after the meal we had some Limoncello... :)


Day 4 (Wednesday)

Breakfast! Damn this buffet is good... Also had apricot pie for "dessert"... wow... I should really cut down on.. everything?


Dinner at work.. Of course I had to try the rissotto in Italy when I am here with Gorgonzola... hohoho yummy yummy!


And in the evening I had a sea food platter but the pictures of that are on my camera...
Shrimps, squid and some other fish with pesto and cucumber is what I had. Also got a tour by my friends around Genoa and went shopping so I bought a lot of pasta, pesto, cheese and wine to bring home... Also some candy/cookies.

Day 5 (Thursday)


Only had breakfast today so far... But I mean I ate enough for the entire day as you can see bellow...

The omelette was especially good, cheese and ham. 





And tonight 7-8 guys from here are going out to say good bye to a co-worker that is moving to Kista Sweden to work at Ericsson there so there will be a big party at a restaurant called "Maria". So they have said that the wine, beer and food will be raining and I will experience a real going out Genovese style. Quite excited about that :)

So will be sure to take pictures and post this weekend...

//Stay full my friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment