Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Saturday night, 3 course meal!



 So, I got a Le Creuset put from my friend Anna that had a crack in it that she got for free. In exchange I had to make her a three course meal. Which I was happy to do, even without getting the pot! 

 Entre:
Panco crusted pickles with chipotle mayo dipping sauce.

Cut pickles, dip in egg, dipp in panco/grated parmesan and put into oven for 6 minutes on 200 degrees, then flipp and same on other side.

Chipotle mayo: mix mayo and chipotle and some creme fraiche to taste.. :)



Main course:

Ribs! smoked for 2 hours at 100c then into the oven for 4 hours more at 150 degrees under foil.
Last hour i put bbq sauce on it and last 20 mins cranked oven up to 225c.
It just fell off the bone and tasted sooo good!



Served the ribs with:
coleslaw, just green cabbage, dijon, salt, pepper, carrot, mayo and some creme fraiche.
Southern potato sallad. Cooked diced potatoes, salt, pepper, green beans, mayo, creme fraiche and added some gorgonzola for the flair!
Oven roasted sweet potato fries.
And some extra bbq sauces :)




And the Piece De Resistance!
Chocolate lava cake!

I used this recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/chocolate-lava-cakes.html
But took less sugar and butter. I would have taken even less sugar and added more dark chocolate I think.. But this was delicious and it came out so fucking perfect! So moist, so lavay and so delicious!


I mean look at that lava!
When we cut into it and the lava just poured out.. I was so happy and proud!


//Stay full my friends!


2 comments:

  1. Jag snor nog den där efterrätten till på lördag! Jsg hat gjort nåt liknande förut men har ingen aning om vilket recept jag använde :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gör så! Blev helt magiskt bra! Blev 4 ganska stora lava cakes också, fyi!

      Delete