Sunday, October 5, 2014

Genova, Italy, last days!

Day 5 (Wednesday cont)


We ate at a place called Eataly(Funny name!) during the evening that sold top of the line cheese, bread, wine, pesto, marmalade, pasta and much much more.

I was like a child in a candy shop and I ended up buying a lot of stuff but for dinner at the same place. I had the mixed seafood platter. Squid, shrimp and some other fish that the guys couldn't translate to English and some cucumber with pesto and a mustard reduction. Was really good even though the squid as a bit rubbery unfortunately...



Day 6 (Thursday)

My last night in Italy and the guys where going out to say good bye to a guy moving to Sweden for work. They were nice enough to invite me along. And a magical night followed...

We sat down at wine place called "Taggiöu" and how it works at a wine bar is that you order wine and then small plates with delicacies get delivered to your table without you ordering them! There isn't even a menu for these things and they are free or included in the wine price.. We payed 20 euro for a nice bottle of wine and got some bread and first a platter of cheese, mortadella, salami and some other charcuteries. All of which were very tasty and fit well with the wine.


Then as we were getting ready to leave we got this platter of bread with some coleslaw with shrimp on...



So we finished that fast and were going to leave again because we were 10 minutes late for our dinner appointment with the other guys, when this platter showed up. So we had to finish that as well... Oh well!


Finally we got there and sat down and the entire crew for the night was assembled! 
Igor my co-worker was taking the picture and Marco to the far left is my other colleague that was taking great care of me this week.



First dish! We got two of these plates and 6 small plates and we divided the food up equally.

From the top of the platter, we got some cow stomach and other tings layered into a paté, fries, zucchini with cheese, some pie with stracciatella cheese, potatoes and some fish with small bones (not good with fish sorry!)


Second course! We got 3 kinds of pasta and 2 of each platter.

We got spaghetti with pesto, and ravioli filled with spinach with sauce and some other pasta with meat sauce.



And of course as a guest I didn't get to put food on my own plate, Igor fixed my plate with his own utensils! Love how they approach food here, everyone shares and has lots of fun!
And of course Parmesan on top. These were all really really tasty and kind of light with really punchy awesome flavors!


Third round!

Starting from left: Aubergines, Cod and then squid.

Nothing of these where really special but apparently they eat a lot of cod here, and it was nice but nothing special... :)


Pumpkin pie with fries! They got this for me because I said I love pumpkin and it was really really nice, even though I didn't understand the fries to the pie...


Even more cod, boiled with potatoes. Really nice cod flavor to this one, very clean and rustic.


Dessert!
Some heavy smooth cream poured over some sponge cake infused with a lot, a lot of rum. I loved this dessert even though some more cream would have been nice to complement the strong rum flavor. I would liked to have eaten many of these! :)


Day 7 (Friday)

 Few photos of the breakfast buffet.
First the cake table.. This was like this every day.. 9! 9 different things!
And they changed 3-4 every day... No wonder I got fat..

And then the yogurt part.. So many things to put on the yogurt, so many tasty dried fruits.


 And they also had, loads of bread, toast, focaccia, cheese, hams, coffee, juices, croissants, custom made omelette, pancakes, scrambled egg, bacon, mushroom, hash-brown and sausages..



That concludes some of the things I ate the last few days... I left out a lot of Gelato photos... because.. you know... I'm embarrassed...

//Stay full my friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment