Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Dutch oven babies

Hello!

So I stumbled on a picture of this and the name "Dutch oven babies" that seem quite common in the US, while I've never seen or heard of em here. They looked delicious though even if not that unlike pancakes in their ingredients and ways of cooking.

I used this recipe:
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/dutch-babies-ii/

Just added more nutmeg and half of the seeds from a vanilla cane.

This recipe made me 2 dutch oven babies.


Served dusted with sugar and some raspberries.
Also served with maple syrup on the side.

Quite crispy and fluffy and delicious.

I will be making normal pancakes in the future though since these were a bit more of a hassle to make and took longer time, and when you are 2 people and you might want 3-4 of these babies, it becomes a time consuming process... :)

//Stay full my friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment