Monday, February 16, 2015

Red Velvet valentines day pancakes!

Hello lovebirds!

So as some might know or care about valentines day was on Saturday. Some hate this holiday, some love it. I kinda love it, you get to make something special and spoil your girl/guy!
I know it's a made up holiday designed by companies to make money, yadda yadda yadda!

I have my dad visiting and staying in our rather small apartment, does not make for a romantic setting and on Saturday we went to Gothenburg to watch hockey and eat some food, which Sara obviously did not participate in (Good for everyone involved!).

But on to the recipe!

Ingredients:
Red food coloring
1 cup flour with fiber
½ regular all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cup salt
1 egg
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda


Mix all ingredients so you get a smooth paste.
Then carefully drop in the food coloring a few drops at a time while mixing in between to get the color you desire!
(Red velvet isn't a taste, it's just the color. Like red velvet cup cakes or cake or anything. But it looks nice and the girls go crazy for it)

Then drop in about ½ a cup at a time and fry until bubbles start forming on the top, then flip!

Also do this on pretty low heat so you don't get a burnt surface on the pancakes. Ruins the color I learnt after a few of em!



 Pretty nice and impressive no?
I went for the more pink side of things because of valentines day and I know Sara loves pink :)

//Stay full my friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment