Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Pumpkin Pie!

PUMPKIN FUCKING PIE!

I've had this in the US a few times and at Sinclairs Steakhouse in Gothenburg... The ones in the US were magical and the on in Gothenburg was OK.

Since then I have been obsessed by Pumpkin pie spice things(And my best friend Jenny feels my pain), and quite sad that it isn't available here except for "normal" pumpkins and making my own pumpkin spice from scratch. 

And this works when making your own stuff with the spice, actually quite well!

But you can't go to Starbucks and get a pumpkin spice coffee here, or pumpkin spice oreos, pumpkin spice ice cream, pie, m&ms and the list goes on and on, Google pumpkin pie spice and you will find a lot of fun stuff, and crazy stuff :)
Pumpkin pie spice and it's flavor is very similar to Swedish soft gingerbread, but not as strong flavored... 

First make a pie crust, with butter, flour and water... And bake it in the oven until done.

The for the filling you will need:
Cream cheese 300grams
Pumpkin puree 425 grams
sugar 1.5-2.5 dl (Depending on how sweet you want it)
eggs 1 whole, and 1 yolk.
whipping cream 2dl
butter 100grams (I think, can't remember)
salt 1 teaspoon
cinnamon 1 tablespoon
ground ginger 1 teaspoon

Mix all this until a smooth paste is formed..




Pour into your pie form, and heat oven to 175 degrees.


Let bake for 45-55 minutes...
And remove when it looks like this.. 
It will "collapse" when it cools down.







Let it cool in the fridge or out in the open, until fully cool.
I put mine in the fridge, and I thought it tasted a lot better when fully cool rather than room temperature...


Serve with whipped cream. 



Yummy yummy!

I've since Saturday when we made a 27 cm large pie, had 5 pieces... oops!

But it's so damn good and quite easy to make, also had friends over that loved it. Not as sweet or heavy as some other pies, but quite smooth and nice!

//Stay full my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment