Friday, January 2, 2015

Cast Iron Pizza!

Hello everyone!

So I had to try out making pizza with cast iron pans, seen a lot of pictures on this on the web..

First off, the dough! I want mine airy, fluffy and kinda thick. Almost like a pan pizza.
that many recommended. And it was easy to follow and really tasty!

So make dough and let rise 8-24 hours.


Then line the cast iron pans with dough and olive oil underneath and let rise again for about 90 minutes.


Put homemade tomato sauce on there! I make mine with just, finely creased tomatoes, garlic, oregano and salt. To taste.. :)


Put mozzarella, onion, mushrooms or anything else you want on there!


We went for mozz, mushrooms, onion and salami.. mmm good!


If the crust isn't as crispy as you want it after 15-20 minutes in the oven put the pan on the stove for a few minutes. I burnt my first one when doing this though so keep an eye on it!


Money shot!


And the second pizza! 
Came out just as nice but less burnt crust. 



Very easy to make and very tasty! Really recommend this if you have a cast iron pan and like pan pizza style pizzas.

//Stay full my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment