Saturday, December 27, 2014

Bread, bread and more bread! Christmas breads!

Hello friends!

So I have been baking... A lot!

First up is Swedish "Vört bröd"

I used this recipe with a few modifications:

I will write the ingredients in English though, I used half the batch for 1 loaf.
25g yeast
1 dl lager beer
2 dl "julmust" (Swedish sweet drink during Christmas)
1 tsp salt
1/4 dl syrup
0,5 tbsp ground ginger
2 tbsp cloves
some almonds chopped up
some raisins
4-5 dl flour

(I modified the recipe a bit to fit me)

Warm up beer, julmust, ginger, cloves, salt, syrup and raisins. Transfer to a bowl and add the yeast. Add almonds and then the flour bit by bit. 
Mix well and let rise for 40 minutes.

Then knead the dough for about 5 minutes. 

Set oven for 225 degrees celsius. 
Put bread into a bred form(?).

Let bread rise for about 20 more minutes on top of the oven where it is a bit warm.


Bake in the bottom of the oven for about 25 minutes.



And enjoy! Om nom nom nom!

Pumpkin bread! (Almost like Swedish soft ginger bread)

Now I have blogged about this before.. But I made a new batch and brought with me for Christmas breakfast at my moms house. And it was a smashing success! Also our entire apartment smelled like Christmas for 2 days!


But with pumpkin pie spice, more than the recipe recommended because it's so damn good! (home made, Google it!)


So give it ago! Perfect with some blue cheese on top, or just butter and cheese.. Or eat it as is! :D


//Stay full my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment