Monday, March 2, 2015

Passion För Mat

Mmm foood!

So this weekend (Friday-Sunday) Gothenburg hosted one of the biggest food events in Sweden called "Passion För Mat".

Basically it's a big convent about food where a lot of producers of beer, wine, cheese, mustard, sausages, ice cream, meat, tapenades, chinese herbs, chocolate, marzipan, licorice, spices, coffee, tea and so on and on...

So I had to go, I have missed the last two years because of trips colliding with the date but this year I was able to go with Sara. 
A real cozy nice Sunday was in store for us and we arrived shortly after opening at 10:30
While there was a lot of people it didn't feel crowded, which was nice but by the time we left at 14:00 the area was starting to fill up a bit more.

So I ate about 1kg of Chocolate, Cheese, Sausages, Ice Cream, Marzipan and different kinds of dried fruits and meat..

I did not take many pictures because of the crowds and I was also quite focused on tasting and listening to the sales people about their different brands and where I could find them after the event and so on.

But to name a few favorites.
Meat the world, had some excellent different kinds of meats you could taste, cooked to perfection.
There were two licorice sellers "Lakritsfabriken" and "Gamla Viborg.
"Bräutigams Marsipan" suuuch good Marzipan
"Lejonet and Björnen" really good tasty Ice Cream.
There were to many to count selling cheese and salami/sausages that I tasted to many of..
And also Chocolate truffles, really like that buttery chocolaty kind.

And all free to taste!

All exhibitioners were also selling most of their stuff at the convention at quite nice prices, and I took a few pictures of some of the ice cream you could buy.

First Mochi Ice Cream. Quite fun and I had never tried it and neither had Sara, apparently Japanese ice paste encasing ice cream...
We went for the flavor: Raspberry with White Chocolate.
Quite interesting taste and texture on the outside, no real hit but well worth trying.




And then another one was selling Gelato, which I am a sucker for...
So had to try theirs, They had a few flavors and we went for 1 scoop.
50% "Semla"
and 
50% Dark Chocolate

It was ok, but not of great quality.. Not as creamy and nice as i expect my Gelato to be..


And then a picture of our "haul"
From the left:
Chips, Salsa, Licorice, Pickled Pumpkin, Cheese, Chocolate Truffles, Cheese, Elderflower marmelade, Patatas Bravas spice and a lot of sausages..


Really wanted to buy more Salamis and meat and tapenades and pesto and cheese but I have so much at home that I am struggling to finish (just aren't enough days to cover my cooking needs!) also we were going to IKEA afterwards so I could not have meat in the car i felt like and I still have not opened half of the sausages I brought from Italy and Slovenija... damnit!

But at least I tasted EVERYTHING (Maybe 3-4 times when they where really good, think Sara was a bit annoyed with me at the end when I kept going back and forth...).

Sooo recommend this convention for all food lovers! 
There is really something for everyone!

//Stay full my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment