Sunday, November 2, 2014

Mixed food!

Hello readers!

I'm sorry for being inactive, but last week was crazy much work so I didn't cook one single meal the entire week!
Was not fun at all. But I have a recipe I want to post from last weekend and some things I ate during last week anyway...

And the Risotto recipe will come up tomorrow for the ones waiting for that ;). It was amazeballs!

First off we made Sushi with work as a team activity with Mami from futomaki as our Sensei. I think mine came out looking very nice! The taste was good as well, nothing special though...

Pulled chicken!

Was really plased with how this turned out and Sara said it was "one of the best things she has ever eaten" :D

Brown the chicken in a hot pan to sear of the surface.


Put the seared chicken, chicken stock, spices, garlic, onion, bell pepper, worcestershire sauce and some tomato paste into a pot with lid. I used about 3 cloves of garlic, 1 onion, 1 bell pepper and the rest I just winged it with!
The spices was a chicken jerk mix from a spice place in Charlotte, SC.

Put it in the oven for 5-7 hours on 125 degrees celsius. Its ready when you can easily pull the chicken apart with a fork.

Pour everything into a bowl and pour all the lovely juices on top! Add bbq sauce here and mix if you want to. I usually put it on the table so everyone can do what the want.

Serve with your favorite taco condiments. homemade guac, fresh vegetables, corn tortillas and such!  

Pasta carbonara

Made carbonara that was one of the best we have ever eaten as well! Used a recipe from Australian masterchef.
boil pasta, fry some salami to the crisp. (I fried some Slovenian salami)
Mix 2 egg yolks into the pasta.
Then put Parmesan on the bottom of the plate, then pasta, then parmesan, then some salami, then pasta and then salami and top it of with more parmesan.
That way you get layers and the taste of everything is mixed well... So good and basic!

Pumpkin soup!


Now I did not make this but the cantine at work served Pumpkin soup. Which was delicious but lacked the real hearty pumpkin flavour. There was also no bits off pumpkin in there, probably because I was late for lunch. Had to add my own from the sallad buffet.... oh well!


Made Risotto this weekend... hohoooo! Will post recipe tomorrow, just had to catch up!

//Stay full my friends

No comments:

Post a Comment